Sunday, February 28, 2010

Treadmill Long Run

So I am in California this weekend, without Chris :( Of course I came thinking I was so lucky to be in CA for such a long run (17 for me, as I am behind I redid the schedule and thats what I was on). Lo and Behold, it was POURING! I couldn't believe it! So I went to our local YMCA that thankfully I am still a member of on our family membership (I am not sure when they kick you off of that...but yeah). Unfortunately I didn't know they closed early on Saturdays so at 7 pm they kicked everyone out, and I had just gone a bit over 15 miles! Boo. So, now I'm even more behind I guess, but whatever. Better than 0 which is what it would have been had I not gone to the gym. The longest I have had to run on a treadmill this whole time is 4 miles, so I was not looking forward to it! And they had the speed interval setting on the treadmill I was on, but not in a way that you could time it! Ugh, so instead of it automatically going to my run speed for 5 minutes then my walk speed for 1 minute I had to pay attention to the clock and do math and change manually. Blah. The one thing that I did notice I liked though was that being on a treadmill FORCES you to be consistent with your pace, both during the running and especially the walk breaks. Anyway, I was glad I got it done. And Chelsea ran 17 miles in Provo somewhere. Chris is still hurting :( So we will see what happens for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.