Chelsea and I did the 10.5 mile run on Saturday along the Provo River Trail. It was so nice not to have to stop for cars and stop lights! And thankfully it hadn't snowed yet. That was probably our last run free of snow for a while now. We did the run for 5 minutes walk for 1 minute and that helped tremendously. I never felt winded the entire time. However, my legs got so tired. I did notice though that once they reached this certain point, they never got worse, just stayed at that level, so I guess that was good. I never felt like I literally couldn't take one more step. We reached Utah Lake and were like, YEah! But the realized we had to go all the way back, so going back was harder to motivate ourselves. I noticed that if we ran a bit faster, instead of a slow jog, the momentum took my legs instead of me having to physically pick one up after another.
I realized I only have to run a short run in Alaska, so thats nice (only because it will be so cold!) I then do like 14 or something in CA, where hopefully the weather will be better!
Anyway, it was the longest Chelsea or I had ever run, so that was great. I did feel a little discouraged right when we were done because I couldn't imagine running 1.5x what I just had, but I am feeling better about it now.
The Tale of the Terrible Trot
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.