Finished the six miler a couple of hours ago. It was a nice sunny day - about 26 degrees. I did it along the Glen Highway snow covered trail near Ft. Richardson. The first mile was kind of tough, cold and some of the lagging soreness still around. Mile two I felt much better, warmed up and joints felt good. I decided not to wear a hat (had it in my pocket) which was a good choice. Mile three was the Mamma Mia mile. I did it for time and no real improvement from my last one (which was indoors).
After running on firm ground in Texas earlier this week I felt the differences of running in the snow. There is a lot more isometrics involved which I am sure burns up energy. I also noticed that I lean further forward when running on the snow which, I think, is a good thing. My upper body is more centered over my feet.
The rest of the run was OK - the fourth mile was hard because I was recovering from the MM. The fifth mile was nice and the sixth I noticed I was getting tired but I could have easily continued if I did not hit the parking lot at the same time...
Michelle and I were talking earlier about how six miles does not seem like a big deal now compared to last summer. It is all relative...
The Tale of the Terrible Trot
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.