So I was pretty nervous about todays run. Even though it was only six miles I haven't run AT ALL in 2 weeks, and really hardly at all in about 3 1/2 weeks, I felt really behind and was afraid I would have lost all my stamina. I was also nervous that my foot would just start hurting again during the run! I have been really anxious that if it kept hurt I would get too behind in the training and then not be able to run the marathon which would be a total bummer.
But, none of that matters because the run was great! I mean, don't get me wrong, I was SO TIRED at about mile 2 or 3, I was totally winded, but that may have been a combination of the time off and the fact that the first half of the route was pretty uphill. The last half was downhill and I felt totally fine. Our run ended up being more like seven miles, but thats fine because I (and Chelsea it turns out, total slacker for no reason!) are behind so we may need to alter the run lengths a bit to catch up, so seven was probably actually good. My foot felt fine the entire time! I am so happy! I had gotten used to running 3 times a week so I actually kind of missed it. So, I am double glad to be back at it.
I have to give a shout out to Josh Johnson, our Elders Quorum President (who is also the husband of one of the sisters I visit teach). He is studying Athletic Training and has been working with the BYU Men's Basketball team this past year, and since he was the closest thing I could come up with to a doctor (as we can't just go and pay for a bone scan out of pocket) I told him about where my foot hurt, etc, and it was his suggestion to take the 2 weeks of and ice it (which I did. that hurts.) and he seems to have been right on! I want Chris to tell him about his knee/IT band thing and have him try and diagnose something too, haha, but I don't know if Chris is a believer yet :)
The Tale of the Terrible Trot
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.