So, the 14 miler killed. We ran around the rose bowl and, Brad, it REALLY WAS 70 degrees. In fact I think it was closer to 75 by the time we were done. So it was pretty hot. We had half powerade half water in our running packs (Chris and I gave one to Chelsea for Christmas). We ran for 5 minutes, walked one, the whole time. Thankfully Chelsea is a math major so she did all of our calculating :) We were doing about 11:45 minute miles so that was pretty cool. Till about mile 11 1/2, or 12. Then we started feeling the pain. Or at least I did, somehow Chelsea kept me going the last 2 miles. And then I did the worst, stupidest thing you could ever do. I just sat down. I didn't walk it out or do some light stretching, the thought of taking one more step was worse than death. But then I really felt horrible, I couldn't walk for 3 days. And when I did it was this old woman hobble. I have to say, Chris had a hard time as well so we were both hobbling around together and my family was making fun of us quite a bit :) So, that was my first bad run. I will say though, Chelsea and I ran 14 miles in 2 hours 50 minutes so we are on track to do the marathon under 6 hours right now. I think 5 1/2 is going to be our goal.
The Second was this weekend, simple 5 miles right? Well, during the half hour run I did on Thursday my foot started hurting, but not too bad and I was almost done so I just finished. It felt totally fine the rest of the day and all day Friday though, so I thought the run would be fine. About mile 2 it started hurting again, and by mile 3 it hurt so much I had to walk the whole rest of the way home, 2 miles! Ugh it was the worst. Today, Sunday, my foot still hurts a little, I don't know what it is. It feels like its bone that hurts, not muscle, on the top/side of my right foot. But I don't know. I'm not running Tuesday or maybe even Thursday, but I really hope come Saturday for our long run I will be fine again. Unfortunately we have catastrophe insurance so I don't really want to go to a doctor because we will have to pay everything out of pocket. I might call the BYU health center and see how much it is for a non-student to just walk in and get a foot looked at...
Anyway, wish me luck that its nothing and that come Saturday I'm all better!
The Tale of the Terrible Trot
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.