Had a crappy nine mile run today. Not sure what went wrong - I did all my pre-long run rituals including preloading with water, having electrolytes available, body glide (TMI), tunes, etc. and it was miserable. The only pre-run thing I did not do was sacrifice a chicken. I did do the nine miles and ran to the end in just over two hours. I noticed at mile four that there were going to be hard times ahead. We did it indoors on a treadmill and it was hot and no fans - I think that was a big part of the problem. They had the four mile loop at Ft. Rich plowed and I put sheet metal screws in my shoes and Michelle's. However, we ended up indoors. I guess the only highlights is that I finished - and the treadmill had a TV with closed captioning. I was watching some news programs and it was hilarious some of the words the closed captioning machine came up with (not the most accurate). I was laughing through the pain...
-BJH
The Tale of the Terrible Trot
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.