I have been thinking about the marathon since Chris and Rachel brought it up on Sunday. I need to do something to get me motivated – it seems like illness has really gotten me down lately. I have decided that I will start training for the SLC Marathon April 17, 2010. I will do a 30 minute run today (because that is what is on Uncle Jeff’s schedule).
I will have to admit that training for my first marathon, ten years ago, was one of the most amazing experiences of my life and I am looking forward to working on this for the next few months. I have an appointment with my rheumatologist next month and I will run this past him, but from my previous experience he thinks that running is helpful for Rheumatoid Arthritis. I think I will do the “to finish” schedule and if things look good at the rheumatologist next month I might adjust things to go for a 4:20 finish.
I think it would be cool if we all ran it – not necessarily together (at the same pace) because I am sure some people will be slower than others, but it will be a great experience (and we can finish some time that day…even if you walk). All the hype and celebration they do at the SL Marathon seem to exacerbate it the fun. It is a lot of fun and actually running the marathon seems “cake” after the training. I am not going to use any excuses like bad weather, too much snow/ice for training.
The Tale of the Terrible Trot
14 years ago
am I supposed to join this blog how do I join it? or just follow it?
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you joined. I am trying to figure it out myself.
ReplyDelete