Did a 5-mile run today and monday, they both went pretty well--around 40 and 37 minutes respectively. Those runs seem pretty easy to me now--I was running on and off all summer, and my longest runs then were 6-7 miles (+1 10-miler...you can ask Rachel how well that one went...!). But yesterday I did some intervals, and those kill me. I plan to do them again tomorrow and I am dreading it like mayonnaise. Lately I've been dong 200m intervals--I do a warm up jog to the BYU track, and then sprint 200 meters at about 90% and then jog 200m at about 30-40%. Yesterday I managed 7 intervals, I'm going to try for the same tomorrow...I might go for 8 next week...
I've been doing my running in the mornings lately which has been a lot better--during the summer I almost always did them in the afternoon. It has been cool around here lately--Monday we had some huge thunderstorms that seemed to lower the temperature quite a bit, so when I start my runs in the mornings now (around 7 or 7:30) it is in the 50's--cold at first, but my body warms up pretty quick.
I think I'm gonna do my first long run this saturday, I think I'll start at 7 miles.
Man, you already have a ton of miles done - good job. I wish I had my miles worked up to where you are. Mom is beating me also, on the miles. How is Rachel doing?
ReplyDelete