This week I went a bit easier on my running because of my knee pain last week. On monday I did another mile run time trial and then another three miles after that. Tuesday I took off, and Wednesday and Thursday I did some 6 milers but at a slower pace than I've been doing. Friday I also took off, and then on Saturday I did my long run--9 miles!--but integrated some of the walk-jog principle and it seemed to help, I would run for about 10 minutes and then walk for a minute or so. My right knee didn't hurt at all yesterday (that is the one that was hurting last week), so that is good--hopefully that means it is healing. My left knee has started hurting though, just like my right one was, but not quite as bad (yet?). So I'm probably going to take it easy again next week and see what happens, and Rachel and I want to go buy some good shoes in the next week or so, I think that will also help.
My run yesterday was really good, there wasn't any point during the run where I didn't think I would make it, and at the end I felt like I could still keep going (if I had to, I WAS pretty tired though). I think putting some energy drink in the camelback might have helped, instead of just water.
I ran a little on the Provo River trail for my 9-miler (I've been running on it off and on lately), and then took to the streets. Here's the map:

Pretty good run!
I've also lost almost 10 lbs since I started running this summer...I know it didn't look like it to a lot of people, but I had gained weight this past winter semester! I was up to almost 195! You couldn't really tell (except in some of my latin ballroom costumes :-s), but it was definitely there. But now I'm back down to 182-ish. I wouldn't mind getting back down to the 170-175 area (thats where I was a year or so ago), but we'll see.
I've also started attempting to eat healthier (and less), believe it or not. I tend to eat a TON at meals, and snack a lot, so I'm cutting down the portions and so forth. I think the only thing that kept me thin was dancing for 3-5 hours a day back when I was competing heavily and on the ballroom team, but I think I can pinpoint when I started gaining weight to when I stopped practicing as much for competitions late last year--so my metabolism couldn't keep up with my intake any longer. So anyway...I'm attempting to establish better eating habits.
OK this post is getting much longer than I intended so...I'll end it. Sounds like everyone is doing great with their running...I wonder how Deja is doing?!
I think I might have lost a couple of pounds too. I noticed yesterday I was walking around the store with my hands in my pockets – to keep my pants from falling down. I think I would of looked more stupid if I had my hands pulling up my pants by the belt loops or pinching the top of my pants. Hands in the pockets all the time seemed to work. When I took my hands out of my pockets all of the sudden I was a Gangsta.
ReplyDeleteAre you using your I Phone to plot your runs on the map?
no, i usually plot my runs on the gmap pedometer (i think its a hack for gmaps) on my computer...I haven't looked into applications for my phone for running, I don't take it with me except on the long runs...but it is something i should probably look into, i'm sure they have some good ones.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't mind if you got back to where you were a year ago either :) haha, jk, you are great! And I'm holding you to this claim of eating healthier...vegetables here we come!
ReplyDelete