Saturday, October 10, 2009

Karla in Training (With Mike)


It was with much difficulty that I finally figured out how to post this picture of my run today! I struggle with most of this technology stuff. Mike and I ran/walked from his house to mine which was 5.8 miles. I have been reading the Galloway walk/run info that is posted on the website (thanks Brad) and have decided to incorporate that into my running in hopes that my IT band injury will heal.
We ran 4 minutes then walked 1 minute the entire way and I felt great at the end. No knee pain at all. I still felt the tightness in my right hip and groin area, however. I'm also starting to ice my knee and hip after my runs and again before bed. I realize that I'm not going to be able to run any better or improve if my knee doesn't heal.
I can't believe it was warmer in Alaska than in Spokane (ouch)!! We had a high of 43 today, but lots of sunshine (almost like Colorado)! Overall, had a great run even though the pace was a very slow 11:13 minutes/mile.
I'm looking forward to the SLC 1/2 marathon (or marathon) after LV Rock N' Roll one!

I still think Brad has way more fun on his runs than I do on mine (which is evident in his postings)! Alice in Wonderland meet Brad and Speedy in Alaska.

When are we going to get the rest of the family involved? I'm trying to make running/walking a consistent lifestyle change for me (not just something I'm doing for the next few months).

Brad and Michelle- How is the "Biggest Loser" competition going? I really like watching the show.

Happy running everyone!

Karla

1 comment:

  1. I am still trying to figure out this blogging stuff myself. I replied to the post on this run once before and just noticed that it did not show up. I think I replied and sent it when I was not logged on and it probably gave me a warning message that I ignored. Oh well, I will try this one. Sounds like you had a nice run. I have never been to the part of Spokane on the map but it looks like it might have some scenery to it. I do think the Gallowalking program has its pluses when it comes to controlling injury. Good to hear your knee is getting better.
    It is even warmer in Alaska today – we have all the windows open trying to cool the house down right now. Remind everyone else of the April 17 marathon and blog. I recently sent out another reminder but I do not see any more bites.
    I added the ink to the “biggest looser” competition on the side bar of the blog. It is titled “Losing big in 09.” Not sure how Deja is doing – she ran the half marathon the last two years with hardly any training at all – she just could not fit much in…

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.