Ended up doing 30 minutes on the elliptical this afternoon. Took a lot of stress off my back. Starting to get URI symptoms which is worrisome. I am not up for another battle with pneumonia. However, I think the elliptical will be a good substitute for running on some days. I am actually looking forward to the Saturday long runs. We will be putting 1/4 inch sheet metal screws in the soles of our old running shoes. I did that before and it is surprising how much traction you get on ice. This also means that we will be off to Skinny Raven to find some new shoes sometime soon. I have been doing a lot of reading about glucose and fat metabolism during running and it is very interesting. It makes sense now why the first 1-2 miles is harder than the last part of the run. I hope everyone has a good long slow distance (LSD) run on Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.