Had an excellent run today with speedy (aka Michelle). We did 5 miles on the 4.2 mile running track they just put in at Ft. Richardson which is very scenic. The temps were in the mid 60's which was a little too warm - luckily there was a light breeze that cooled things down. Intermittent light rain with huge raindrops (about one large drop every few seconds) - Or was that a bird? I have still been battling a URI that has progressed to pneumonia (I have had pneumonia enough to know what is going on). I was worried at the start but with all the forceful breathing I was able to clear my lungs before the one mile mark. The best news of all was
NO BACK PAIN!!! Finally!!! That helped a lot and ended up running faster because of it - in fact I could easily have gone longer than five miles. I was trying to run negative splits and came close. We saw lots of wildlife on the run - moose droppings, migrating geese, a white rabbit, a hole in the ground, a cat that was walking out of the dentist office, a bunch of poker cards dancing around, and at the very end there was this worm in a tree with a bong!!!
Sorry got a little carried away there with the runners high thing. One other thing I forgot about during training that I will have to deal with on future runs is the "drive by shooting syndrome" which will start to effect me soon.
Here are the stats for this run:
- Distance: 5.01 miles
- Time: 1:10:47
- Ave. Pace: 14:08
- Ave Speed: 4.2 mph
- Max speed 6.5 mph
- Calories: 875
- Ave HR: 141 bpm
- Max HR: 159 bpm
- Ascent: 572 feet
- Decent: 557 feet
Map shows the course with each lap marked as a mile marker (click on the map to see bigger version).
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.