Friday, October 23, 2009

Seattle Green Lake - Bonus Run


We did this run on October 22, 2009 as a "lets find something to do in Seattle" activity.  I had to take Michelle to Green Lake in Seattle, the home of some of my most memorable runs.  We just purchased new shoes at Super Jock and Jill and had to give them a test drive too (we ran pretty slow on purpose on this one).  A few years ago during one of my runs on this trail I had a strange experience.  There are usually a lot of people running around the lake and you can run in both directions and it semed like I could recognize every single person running in the opposite direction.  "Look, there is Wells Stephensen - oh, that is President Pettijohn, humm, what is Sigorney Weaver doing running around Green lake???  Hey look is that ELVIS!?!?!"  Anyway it started to get crazy with all the people I pseudo-recognized.  This same run I finished at Gasworks Park from Ten Things I hate About You fame.  When I arrived at the park I had a runners high to the max.  There was some practice going on there were there were people playing about 20 different drums, a bunch of people walking around on stilts, and some people juggling.  I had no idea what was going on but with the runners high I was freaking out a little bit.  Anyway our run around Green Lake was fun, saw a few faces I pseudo-recognized...
  • Distance: 2.83 miles
  • Time 42:51.93
  • Ave pace: 15:07 min/mile
  • Ave Speed: 4 mph
  • Max Speed: 7.4 mph
  • Calories: 494
  • Ave HR: 124 bpm
  • Max HR: 150 bpm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.