Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First run

Today I had a two hour lunch break at school, so I thought I would take advantage of it and begin my training. I ran 5 miles in about 40 minutes, which I was happy with considering I haven't ran since June. Here I am sitting in class about an hour later, and my IT band is already hurting and sore. I'm probably going to look into getting a roller to help keep the scar tissue broken down and stretch it. Stupid bow legs! :)

~Nichole

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nichole,
    I just spent some time reading the link "running injury free" that is posted under "Useful links for our training".
    I'm convinced I'm just overdoing it. Aerobically, I'm in pretty good shape so I feel that I should be able to run longer and faster than my joints, knee's and hips will allow. While I'm still frustrated, I'm going to back off my training, start doing the running/walking recommended by Jeff Galloway and start icing the area (really the only thing I haven't been consistant about). Knowing you, I'm sure you will overtrain/overdue it also and I'm afraid your knee pain will just get worse (like mine has). Anyway, just my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.